A simple clapping game has multiple benefits, so go ahead and try it with your child!
– research shows that hand-clapping songs improve motor and cognitive skills
– clapping hands with your child promotes closeness and physical engagement
– it gives you some ‘time out’ to de-stress and switch off from your busy life
– it gives your child an opportunity for uninterrupted interaction with you
– AND…. it’s a brain exercise for both you and your child!
Here’s a simple example. You can invent your own pattern, slow it down or speed it up – have FUN with it!
If you like this arrangement, Like our Facebook page – we post creative musical ideas periodically.